[28/11/2019] Phd positions are available. Applicants currently in Australia are especially welcome! Drop me an email now!/span>
Visitor positions for 2020 are ALL filled.
Monash University is one of the prestigious universities in Australia. It is a member of “Group of Eight”. Monash University is ranked in the top 75 globally in the following ranking systems:
- 2020 QS Ranking: 58
- 2020 US News Ranking:62
- 2020 Times Higher Education World University Ranking: 75
- 2019 Academic Ranking of World Universities Ranking: 73
Group members can be found here . This research group mainly focuses on data mining, machine learning, NLP, deep learning, graph data analytics, and AI applications. The research group consists of a number of Phd students working on the following area (Potential PhD/minor thesis/honours research topics include but are not limited to):
- Graph & Network Analytics
- Graph Nerual Networks
- Graph Attack and Defence
- Social Recommendation
- Knowledge Graph
- Graph Embedding
- Deep Learning
- AutoML (Neural Architecture Search)
- Adversarial deep learning
- Deep learning for graph Data
- Deep spatial temporal modeling
- Deep reinforcement learning
- Sentence embedding
- Attention network
- Text classification
- Question Answering
- Time Series/Streaming Data Analytics
- Time series feature selection
- Time series prediction
- Data stream/concept drift
- Anomaly Detection
- Outlier detection
- Novelty discovery
- AI Applications
- Cyberbullying detection
- Suicidual detection
- Healthcare data analytics
- Recommender system
- A master degree with a computer science related background, and GPA > 85⁄100. Outstanding students with only undergraduate degree can also be considered, if GPA > 90⁄100.
- Outstanding English skills, e.g., IELTS 6.5 overall (no band less than 6.0), TOEFL IBT 79 + (Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21).
- A good publication track record.
Others can be found at https://www.monash.edu/it/our-research/graduate-research/how-to-apply
There is no deadline, and you can apply at anytime of the year! CSC (China) PhD applications are most welcome.
Please send me your CV, transcripts, publication list, and research topics that you are interested in.
email: shirui.pan at monash.edu