I will join Griffith University as a Professor in August, 2022.
I am looking for self-motivated Ph.D students funded by: (1) Griffith University (2) Australian Research Council.
Multiple Phd positions are available. Applicants currently in Australia are especially welcome! Drop me an email now!
Visitor positions for 2022 are ALL filled.
Griffith Uni ranks in the top 2 percent of universities globally with 50000 students spanning six campuses in South East Queensland, Australia. The Computer Science & Engineering at Griffith ranks in the top 76-100 globally.
- Times Higher Education Young University Rankings：33
- QS World University Rankings Top 50 Under 50 ：33
- US News Best Global Universities: 201
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings: 201–250
Group members can be found here. This research group mainly focuses on data mining, machine learning, NLP, deep learning, graph data analytics, and AI applications. The research group consists of a number of Phd students working on the following area (Potential PhD/minor thesis/honours research topics include but are not limited to):
- Graph & Network Analytics
- Graph Nerual Networks
- Graph Attack and Defence
- Social Recommendation
- Knowledge Graph
- Graph Embedding
- Deep Learning
- AutoML (Neural Architecture Search)
- Adversarial deep learning
- Deep learning for graph Data
- Deep spatial temporal modeling
- Deep reinforcement learning
- Sentence embedding
- Attention network
- Text classification
- Question Answering
- Time Series/Streaming Data Analytics
- Time series feature selection
- Time series prediction
- Data stream/concept drift
- Anomaly Detection
- Outlier detection
- Novelty discovery
- AI Applications
- Cyberbullying detection
- Suicidual detection
- Healthcare data analytics
- Recommender system
- Trustworthy AI
- A master degree with a computer science related background, and GPA > 85/100. Outstanding students with only undergraduate degree can also be considered, if GPA > 90/100.
- Outstanding English skills, e.g., IELTS 6.5 overall (no band less than 6.0), TOEFL IBT 79 + (no sub-score less than 19).
- A good publication track record, demonstrated by publications.
- at least one paper published in CORE A*/A conference or CORE A*/A Journal, or
- at least one paper published in CCF A/B veneues
There is no deadline, and you can apply at anytime of the year!
Please send me your CV, transcripts, publication list, and research topics (not have to be the one listed above) that you are interested in. Due to large number of applications, I may only reply to selected applicants.